The Hydraulic Ram is a pump which rise the water without any external power for its operation when large quantity of water is available at a small height, a small quantity of water can be raised to a greater height with the help of hydraulic ram. This works on the principle of water hammer. The system, Hydraulic Ram Test Rig is closed circuit.
- It consists of a suitable size centrifugal pump 2 H.P. A Motor to make the supply from sump tank to supply tank. This apparatus consists of fiber coated MS sump tank of suitable capacity.
- Supply Tank: Fiber coated MS tank fixed on angle frame & Capacity 150 Liter.
- Measuring tanks: Two fiber coated MS tank fitted with piezometric tube to measure the waste water and useful water. Air vessel is provided to perform the phenomena of water hammer. A pressure gauge is fitted on useful water pipe line to measure the head of water.
- To determine the following efficiency of hydraulic ram:
- Rankine’s efficiency
- D’Aubuisson’s efficiency
- To find the cavitations number of the flow.