Hydraulics Mechanics Lab
- This Kaplan Turbine Test Rig 150mm size to develop 1 KW at 1250 RPM with a flow of about 1250 lpm at 15 meters supply head.
- Supply pump set 100x100mm size, 1500 lpm at 10 meter head suitable for supplying water to the above turbine.
- Sump Tank : Fiber glass lined MS Tank to store sufficient water for independent circulation through the unit experimentation and arrange within the floor space of main unit.
- Capacity 300 Liter.
- Rope Bake Dynamometer is used to measure the output. Spring balance and dead weights are used to measure the load. Runner Diameter 220mm
- Orificemeter of 66mm is used to measure the flow rate of water through pressure gauge difference.
- Discharge control valve, by-pass valve of 4" (ISI mark) used to control the flow rate of water.
- Spring Balance 25 Kg & 10 Kg (Salter Make)
- Pressure Gauge of 4 kg/cm2 is used to measure the pressure head.
- Rigid MS frame work compactly fitted with all the above items as a self-sufficient package unit suitable for operation without any foundation.
- Switch and starter suitable for above motor pump set mounted on the control panel board.
Monoblock Centrifugal Pump:
Kirloskar Make (5 HP, 3 Phases, 440V)
Suction size 80mm & Delivery size 80mm
Experimental Capabilities :
- To determine the efficiency of Turbine
- To draw the characteristics curve of Turbine.