Pelton Turbine Test Rig
- This Pelton Turbine Test Rig 50mm size to develop 1 KW at 1000 RPM with a flow of about 450 lpm at 25 meters supply head.
- Supply pump set suitable for supplying water to the above turbine
- Sump Tank: Fiber glass lined MS Tank to store sufficient water for independent circulation through the unit experimentation and arrange within the floor space of main unit.
- Capacity : 300 Liter.
- Runner coupled to pelton wheel. Rope Bake Dynamometer is used to measure the output. Runner diameter 220mm
- Spring Balance 10 kg (Salter Make).
- Orificemeter of 32mm is used to measure the flow rate of water through pressure gauge difference.
- Discharge control valve, by-pass valve of 50mm (ISI mark) used to control the flow rate of water.
- Pressure Gauge of 4 kg/cm2 is used to measure the pressure head.
- Rigid MS frame work compactly fitted with all the above items as a self-sufficient package unit suitable for operation without any foundation.
- Starter suitable for above motor pump set mounted on the control panel board.
Technical Specification :
Monoblock Centrifugal Pump
: Kirloskar Make (3 HP, 3 Phases, 440V)
: Suction size 65mm & Delivery size 50mm
: 420 LPM
: 27 meter
: 3000 RPM
- To determine the efficiency of Turbine
- To draw the characteristics curve of Turbine.