Pelton Wheel Turbine Test Rig
Pumps, This unit are a self-contained recirculation type unit. All the measurements are provided to evaluate the performance of the pump. The system is closed circuit.
Water supplied from centrifugal pump. Rope break dynamo meter is used to measure the output of turbine. Pressure Gauge and Orifice meter are used to measure the input of turbine. The system is closed circuit.
This Pelton Turbine Test Rig 50mm size to develop 1 KW at 1000 RPM with a flow of about 450 lpm at 25 meters supply head.
Supply pump set suitable for supplying water to the above turbine
- Monoblock Centrifugal Pump: Kirloskar Make (3 HP, 3 Phases, 440V)
- Pump Size: Suction size 65mm & Delivery size 50mm
- Pump Discharge: 420 LPM
- Delivery Head: 27 meter
- PM: 3000 RPM
- Sump Tank: Fiber glass lined MS Tank to store sufficient water for independent circulation through the unit experimentation and arrange within the floor space of main unit.
- Capacity 300 Liter.
- Runner coupled to pelton wheel. Rope Bake Dynamo meter is used to measure the output.
- Runner diameter 220mm
- Spring Balance 10 kg (Salter Make).
- Orifice meter of 32mm is used to measure the flow rate of water through pressure gauge difference.
- Discharge control valve, by-pass valve of 50mm (ISI mark) used to control the flow rate of water.
- Pressure Gauge of 4 kg/cm2 is used to measure the pressure head.
- Rigid MS frame work compactly fitted with all the above items as a self-sufficient package unit suitable for operation without any foundation.
- Starter suitable for above motor pump set mounted on the control panel board.
- To determine the efficiency of Turbine
- To draw the characteristics curve of Turbine.