The apparatus is used:
- To visualize different flow conditions i.e.
- Laminar flow,
- Transition flow,
- Turbulent flow
- To find out the Reynolds number
- The system is closed circuit. The apparatus consists of :
- A Centrifugal pump of 25mm x 25mm with 1/2 HP Motor (ISI – Kirlosker Make)
- M.S. Sump Tank 80 Ltr. to collect the water.
- M.S. Measuring Tank 30 Ltr fitted with piezometer tube to measure the discharge. Damper is used to collect the water in M.S. MEASURING TANK for certain time.
- G.I. pipe of internal dia 25mm and G.M. ISI mark Control Valve and regulating valves are used to circulate water.
- Bye-pass line is also used to regulate the discharge. This apparatus consists of a Perspex tube of internal dia12mm dia x 80cm long.
- A needle and color dye injector tank is used to visualize the flow &tanks of size 25x 25 x 60cm each. The tanks are well FRC fiber coated insided to prevent rust hence increase the life of tank.
- To visualize different flow conditions.
- To obtain the critical velocity.