Notches are openings cut in metallic plates are used for the purpose of measuring the discharge in stream. This apparatus is used to measure the coefficient of discharge of notches of various shapes.
The system is closed circuit:-
- V - Notch of angle 60o
- Rectangular Notch of 100x100mm
The apparatus consists of:
- A Centrifugal pump of 25mm x 25mm with 1/2 HP Motor (ISI – Kirlosker Make)
- M.S. Sump Tank 80 Ltr. to collect the water.
- M.S. Measuring Tank 30 Ltr fitted with piezometer tube to measure the discharge. Damper is used to collect the water in M. S. Measuring Tank for certain time.
- G.I. pipe of internal dia 25mm and Gunmetal ISI mark Control Valve and regulating valves are used to circulate water.
- Bye-pass line is also used to regulate the discharge. This apparatus consists of a rectangular tank of 80x25x25cm with rectangular opening at one end on which rectangular or V-Notch can be fitted with nuts.
- A pointer scale is used to measure the level of water in the tank. The tanks are well FRC fiber coated inside to prevent rust hence increase the life of tank.
Determination of coefficient of discharge of:
- 60oC notch,
- Rectangular notch100x100mm